Contra Costa County, CA | Frequently Asked Questions

Question: How do I use the forms?


Some of the forms have been created in Adobe Acrobat's portable document format (PDF). These PDF files can be viewed, printed, and opened in Acrobat Reader. Some files can be completed as well in this format. If you do not have the Reader installed on your computer, visit Adobe's free download page.

We are providing fill-in (Interactive-pdf) documents for most forms. This will allow you to enter information directly from your PC and print the form with the information entered. However, there is no computation, validation or verification of the information you enter, and you are still responsible for entering all required information. Instructions may require some information to be handwritten on the form. If you want, you may save PDF files on your hard drive, if you have the entire Adobe Acrobat software package. Right click the active link to the form and access the "SAVE TARGET AS" option in the drop-down menu.

Question: How do I use the fill-in (Interactive-pdf) forms?


  • Open the PDF form.
  • Select the hand tool from the Acrobat toolbar menu.
  • Move the hand pointer inside a form field. Click when it changes to an I-beam pointer.
    • The I-beam pointer allows you to type text.
    • The arrow pointer allows you to select a field or check a box.
  • Press Tab to accept the information you have typed and go to the next field.
  • Press Shift + Tab to accept the information you have typed and go to the previous field.
  • You may also use your mouse to move from field to field. Note: You cannot access the check boxes using the Tab key. You must click on the check-box fields with the arrow pointer.
  • When you have completed the form, print as usual.

Question: How do I Apply?

Answer: Contact your local District Office.

Question: What if I need a form in a different language?

Answer: Contact your local District Office.

Question: Where are the District Offices? When are they open?

Answer: click here for District Office information.

Question: Where are the Head Start Child Care Centers?

Question: Where can I get more information on CalWORKs eligibility?

Quick Links